Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Decisions... Decisions

"Ana!" I moan, "I feel like I am going to vomit."
"What's wrong sweetie?" She rushes to me quickly, "Are you okay?"
"I have no idea." I mutter, "drinking my coffee made me feel nauseated, "Eating this wrap is making me feel nauseated..."
"You didn't put real milk in your coffee did you?" She asks, "And no lactose in the wrap?"
"No, and No." I say. "Its all clean."
"Maybe you're gluten intolerant too." She suggests, "The doctor did say that was a possibility."
"Yeah." I admit, "The wrap bread does have gluten in it I think."
"Or maybe," She eyes me closely, "You're eating too much?"
"Only if part of a wrap with a scrambled egg and veggie chicken strips, containing less than 250 Calories, most of which I fed to my cats is too much." I look around to make sure there is a trash can near me just in case. "Though I do feel disgustingly full."
"The fullness is probably because your wrap had so much protein and fiber in it." She offers, "Veggie pseudomeats, eggs, those diet wraps you use..."
"...All are either high in protein, fiber, or both." I finish for her. "You know what?"
Ana looks at me expectantly, "What?"
"I think that this time through ABC, I am not always going to eat exactly the amount of calories allowed." I say, "No, I am going to try not to eat anything if I can help it, and when I do eat... the limit will be the maximum, not the exact number."
"Yay!" Ana looks happier than I have made her for a long time. "But are you sure you can do it?"
"Of course!" I shrug, "I have gone through the WHOLE ABC Diet before following the numbers EXACTLY. What's to say I can't cut back a bit? There is nothing wrong with eating less on a diet huh?"
"You're right, love!" Ana flings her arms around me and hugs me tightly. "And I have been waiting for you to say those words for a while."
I hug her back, enjoying the moment. "Ana," I say when she finally lets go, "You'll never believe what happened when I checked Pretty Thin! Actually... you probably will."
"Oh?" she says, "Will I now?"
"I got a reply back," I grin, "And there is a girl who wants to do the ABC Diet with me!"
"Good!" She is practically dancing with glee. "It's about time you gt a new buddy. After all, I am already perfect, no offense, so its not quite the same as if I was someone trying to lose weight like you."
"Oh, none taken!" I know she isn't trying to be offensive. "I just wish I was already as beautiful as you."
"You will be, baby," She whispers, "You will be. Just keep trying. Oh, and remember to bring water and a bowl for your sister's puppy when you take her running today."
"Oh trust me," I laugh, "I will. I don't want to have to carry the poor thing because she gets too tired."
"Speaking of tired," she says, "You should take a nap dear, you look exhausted."
"I am." I say, "I woke up early to go to the gym, but my mom wasn't going today."
"Aw." She says, "that's disappointing."
"Yeah." I sigh, "But her hip is bothering her again."
"That's too bad." She says, and I have to agree.
"I don't want to grow up." I whisper, "Not when all that comes with age is more work, and more pain."
"Well, darling," Ana looks at me seriously, "You have to get older. That's a fact of life. And you have to mature, but physically, you don't have to age."
"You're right." I smile. "I want to freeze my body in time as a child, and never get 'womanly curves'. That's just a term meaning FAT."
"That's my girl!" Ana claps proudly, "That's my girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment